Monday 18 May 2015

Telford Swap...What A Fabulous Work Of Art!


Ok.  So I'm a little addicted to Elegant Eggplant!  
There...I've confessed.  

I'm sure you'll agree though that this is a fab colour combination - Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla.

I wanted to make a swap that reflected my style as a demonstrator and this sums my style up!  I find it incredibly hard to do straight layers - fact!  So it's quite fitting for my swap to feature angled layers - I find there's no right way to layer so nobody can see if it's not perfectly aligned - brilliant!

So apart from my beloved Elegant Eggplant, I wanted to show that you can create a simply but truly gorgeous card with a few resources.  I stamped 'You Are A Fabulous Work Of Art' from the amazing Work Of Art Stamp Set in, you've guessed it, Elegant Eggplant onto Very Vanilla.  I punched this out using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and layered with dimensionals onto a 2" Circle in Sahara Sand and a 2 1/2" Circle in Elegant Eggplant.  

I sponged my Very Vanilla layers and my favourite Itty Bitty Accents Flowers in Elegant Eggplant and placed a tiny pearl in the centre of each flower.  I finished with a little Linen Thread looped under the flowers.  

I loved it so much I made a matching name badge!

No comments:

Post a Comment