Thursday 14 May 2015

Elegant Aperture Card


For those of you that visit my blog regularly, you'll know I'm a big fan of Sam Hammond Donald (Pootles) and often take inspiration from her work.  

Well this time, my card is inspired by Sam's 12 year old son Jack!  What a talented family.  Here's a link to Sam & Jack's cards...

http://pootles.co.uk/2015/05/03/south-hill-stampin-up-sunday-butterfly-aperture-card-tutorial/

Mine is based very closely on Sam's card but I decided to sponge instead of stamp! I've used my favourite combo of late - Elegant Eggplant and Very Vanilla (really must change that up soon!) and layered it up in my usual offset style.

I punched the butterflies from the top layer using both the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches, then sponged with varying depth on the layer below (before sticking together), being careful to avoid going too close to the edges.  I sponged the punched out butterflies a little and around the edge.  I stamped the Happy Birthday in Elegant Eggplant from the And Many More Stamp Set and punched out with the Large Oval Punch - this is a fab stamp set to get to cover such a variety of occasions. I finished with pearls on the butterflies and a little trio at the base of the card. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment